Navigation

Crochet Circle

Thursday 1 September 2016

Manos de Uruguay Maxima Yarn

When it comes to yarn quality shows and using the right yarn for your projects makes all the difference between being happy with your results or disappointed. It’s essential to take time to work out what yarn would be best for your crochet or knitted project, judging on quality, colour and what you plan to make. 
Manos del Uruguay Maxima

I used Manos del Uruguay Maxima to make a cascade scarf. It was a joy to use, soft, warm and cuddly it soon became clear to make it would create a lovely finish. Whatever you use yarn for it has to show the stitches and design you have made, isn’t that the point of doing it? I’m happy to say that Manos del Uruguay Maxima delivered on this count as you can see and I love the finish this yarn created.

This extra fine merino is hand dyed yarn and this shows in the finish. You will find slubs and variations in the colour but I see this as a sign of originality and I love the original finish this produces. Manos del Uruguay is a non profit cooperative of women in the countryside of Uruguay and their yarns are Fair Trade The aim of the cooperative is to bring economic and social opportunities to rural women in Uruguay. 

Manos del Uruguay Maxima is 100% merino wool and approximately 219 yards/20m per 100g skein. I used a 4mm hook for this worsted weight. It crocheted up quickly and as a 1ply yarn there was no splitting of the yarn even when I made some more intricate stitches.

Manos del Uruguay Maxima comes in a whole range of colours from natural to the grey(Foil) I used to punchy yellows, red and blends. You can see the range and buy from Rooster Yarns. Choose this yarn and you will be spoilt for choice with something for every project. I’d love to use one of the blues to make a baby blanket. 

This dense and warm yarn would be ideal for winter jumpers and it would make lovely baby clothes and chunky toddler cardigans. Manos del Uruguay Maxima is a quality yarn. Would I use this yarn again yes I would definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment