Navigation

Crochet Circle

Monday 5 September 2016

Addi Olivewood Crochet Hook

 When I began the wiggle stitch scarf I planned the design choosing colours and yarns carefully as always. I didn’t give a thought to the crochet hook I would use. I began the foundation mesh with a soft grip hook and all was well until I started the wiggle stitch rows. The Rowan yarn I used is a double knit weight and wiggle stitch is quite bulky. It became very difficult to crochet and my hand began to ache. I switched to a metal hook but this was no better.

Luckily for me the Addi olive wood hook arrived from Laughing Hens who have an excellent range of crochet hooks and knitting needles, in the nick of time and made it much easier to crochet the scarf. This shows how important it is to sue the right one. Strong and robust this hook is slightly longer than my soft grips and plastic hooks. Just goes to show you that your hook really does make a difference!

Until fairly recently we were restricted to plastic or metal hooks. Thankfully now we are spoilt for choice. I love that at last we have so much choice and crochet hooks that are fit for purpose.

This Addi olivewood hook looks good with very pretty markings. It had a ridge just where the hook rests against your thumb which makes it very comfortable to use. I know some people hold a crochet hook like a pencil so I tried the hook this way and it was just as comfortable and easy to use.

I used was a 3.250mm sized hook. The Addi olivewood hook is longer than my soft grips and plastic hooks, making it ideal for more robust projects and for chunkier weight wools. Using it made my work feel more secure. Strongly recommend this gorgeous crochet hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment