Navigation

Crochet Circle

Sunday 3 January 2016

My Favourite Yarns

Bergere de France Ideal

I first came across this lovely soft yarn at my local farmers market one cold autumn day in 2012. I crochet all year round, but come the autumn I love a big project for the dark and cold winter nights. A throw to cover my dining room basket chairs would be good! A basket full of colours on the stall was irresistible to me. I took home 6 balls each a different colour to experiment with.

Using a 3.25 size hook I tried out a few circular motifs and a traditional granny square, which with clever use of colours could have looked really good. But I wanted something to challenge me, so out came the books, cuttings and patterns. This is where I found the motifs I needed. http://amzn.to/1kC4tXB


I like to do projects that include challenging patterns with repetitive bits I can do when I'm tired. I tried out several motifs but these caught my eye. 

For such a big project the colours had to be right. I love autumn colours so brown, rust, copper came to my mind. Taking the dogs into the garden one day in October a bright sun lit the trees with golden yellows, deep browns and sludgy green browns. Amazingly the little stream that runs through the village and passes by our cottage sparkled a lovely bright blue in the sparkling sun. These are the colours I chose, brown, golden yellow, sludgy brown and bright blue.



Beregere de France provided the golden yellow(girolle), brown (elephant) and blue (myosotis). I love combining more than one yarn to throws and cushions it adds interest and is more fun to crochet. A bit of research online and I found a double knitting sock yarn online that had a mixed yarn that included sludgy brown and blue.






Subscribe for yarn reviews, crochet, how to' s and all the latest crochet news

Warmest wishes

Ann



No comments:

Post a Comment