Navigation

Crochet Circle

Monday 18 January 2016

10 things I wished I'd known when I stared to crochet!

  1. All the amazing clever and creative people I would meet and all those wonderful wool shops I would visit (on and offline)!
  2. The fantastic developments in wool and yarn bringing me the chance to create new crochet designs and develop new crochet ideas
  3. The wonderful and original collections from independent wool dyers and spinners giving me the chance to create exclusive designs 
  4. How the image of crochet as something our grandmothers did in very fine cotton with tiny hooks would change!
  5. How the internet would broaden my crochet world bringing inspiration and new stitches from around the world including Tunisian crochet which I am still perfecting.
  6. The variety of things I would be able to make everything from throws, cushions, clothes, bags and gifts
  7. How rewarding teaching family, friends and people of all ages who attend my workshops would be and the amazing things they make!
  8. That clashing colours are OK
  9. How in times of stress and boredom crochet would rescue me!
  10. That I would finally learn patience!

Discover tips tricks and techniques to get the most from your crochet

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment