Navigation

Crochet Circle

Thursday 9 July 2015

Crochet Flower Embelishments

As you know by now I love embelishments, those little extras that make your crochet project something very special! This time I'm looking at flowers. There are so many lovely designs and any number of ways to use them. It's very easy to design your own and adapt existing designs, changing colours, working into the back of stitches and grouping together can all turn an existing design into your own original crochet flower..

I came across this flower design which is very simple to make, this group are for a crochet bag I'm working on at the moment. http://mamachee.com/


and I wanted to share with you one of my own flower designs.



This flower is very easy to make. I made the one in the picture using Bergere de France Coton with a 2.5mm crochet hook.

Start with 8 chain. Join with a slip stitch to form a ring. 2 chain, into the ring make 16 double crochet (single crochet). Join with skip stitch into top of first chain.


Next row 2 chain 1 double crochet (single crochet), 12 chain, 1 treble (double crochet) into 6th chain from the hook, 1 treble (double crochet) into next 7 chain. 1 double crochet (single crochet) into next double crochet (single crochet) of previous row. Repeat to end, 8 petals. Join with slip stitch to top of first chain, fasten off.


Here are a few ways I've used crochet flowers







No comments:

Post a Comment