Navigation

Crochet Circle

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Designing a crochet throw

What yarn to use?




  • Use the best yarn you can get and afford for a better finish, bigger choice of colours, easier to work with, better dyes so better colours
  • What thickness your yarn? I like double knit but the choice is yours - thinner grows more slowly but shows more definition
  • Using scraps - throws are an amazing way to use up scraps of wool. If I'm doing this I like to have one or two main colours, this brings your designs together saving it from a messy finish.
  • Using the same brands and mixing thicknesses. I always mix brands in throws because I like the choice of colours textures you can get. Sometimes I use sock wools for the lovely blends you get in one ball, sometimes I use them as double thickness.
  • Do dye colours matter? I've only once fallen foul of dye colours. Because throws are usually multi coloured different dye lots don't usually matter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment