Navigation

Crochet Circle

Monday 23 March 2015

Winter suddenly turned cold and icy following a relatively mild December.

Looking in the cupboard under the stairs where I keep my walking gear and the dog leads I discovered my woolly hat had a big hole in the back!

Out came the wool baskets and on to Pinterest for inspiration! I used three balls of King Cole double knit wool to create this woollen beret. Berets are not normally my style but as I crochet the rounds of stripes it seemed to naturally form a beret shape so I decided to go with it.

I love textured crochet stitches and adding them into the outer edge of my beret pulled the band in so it would stay on my head!

When it was finished the beret seemed to lack something so I added a small tassel that includes all the coloured wools. Here's the result.....

No comments:

Post a Comment