Navigation

Crochet Circle

Monday 23 March 2015

What is your favourite colour?

The variety of yarns and the choice of colours available now seems limitless making it difficult to make a choice for crochet projects! From mass produced to hand spun and hand dyed yarns are wonderful today.

Rather than decide that I want to make a specific item I look for patterns and stitches I like first with a bit of inspiration from home magazines, Pinterest and sometimes my garden. Then I look for a yarn. You can see some of my favourite yarns here!


Bergere De France Ideal



This cushion I made this winter. I was looking for something to make and and I saw a baby blanket made using popcorn stitches. It gave me an idea for a cushion with a popcorn stitch bow central motif, with double crochet motifs surrounding it.

I always order too much wool so I had some Bergere de France Ideal in my large wool basket, including some red and turquoise blue. The cushion is made using squares 3 x 3 and the stripey squares are made with double crochet. It's a double sided cushion and was lovely to make.


Everything I make has memories associated with it. This cushion I made on dark winter nights, hence the bright colours! It makes me thing of my new dog who sat at my feet in front of the wood burner while I crocheted and listened to the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment