Navigation

Crochet Circle

Monday 16 April 2018

Sirdar Toscana Yarn Review

Strong cool and silky Sirdar Toscana yarn is perfect for summer crochet projects. Strong and firm I used it for place mats and for a gorgeous summer crochet cover up. Toscana is 100% cotton and machine washable. 50grm balls make 212m/232yds, using a 3.50mm or 4mm crochet hook.

I love the very subtle colour effects of Toscana, described as a blend it’s very subtle with only slight changes in colour. It comes in Val d’orcia a pale teal purple, Arezzo is a cream coral blend and this is the colour option I used for my summer wedding cover up.  Siena is a blue/grey blend and Orbetello is a very pretty red/teal/red, much subtler than it sounds. Tropica is cream/sea green, Firenze is pale orange/red and Ravello is cream/lavender blend. Porto Azurro is a teal/cream blend.

I’ve also used Toscana to make a crochet teddy and I think it would be perfect for crochet bags, giving a strong rigid structure to crochet toes and holdalls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment