Navigation

Crochet Circle

Wednesday 15 March 2017

Debbie Bliss Juliet

Debbie Bliss Summer Tweed is sold as DK (light worsted) but it feels more like a 4 ply to me. It comes in a lovely range of beautifully blended colours from violet, daisy, poppy, rose, begonia, marigold, honeysuckle and petal. I used honeysuckle. The yarn has slubs which makes for a more interesting finish and gives and extra level of interest.

Made up of 52% cotton 48% acrylic Debbie bliss summer tweed is brilliant for shawls, scarves and lightweight summer knits. Wash at 30C 50 g balls. Yardage is 120m/131yds and Debblie Bliss summer tweed comes in 50g balls.

It would make a lovely cover up or summer jacket. I made a summer shawl with motifs, which I designed for summer weddings. This lovely quality yarn would make a gorgeous holdall style bag particularly blended with a plain double knit yarn (light worsted).

I used a hook size 3.25mm (U.S. 3) and my motif is 9cm (4”) by 9cm (4”). Pay up to £4.50 and buy from Black Sheep Wools or Deramores.













No comments:

Post a Comment